It’s All About Quality Of Life…
Welcome to Mather Airport Watch
The Communities for the Responsible Mather Airport (CRMA) welcomes you to our new comprehensive web site. On August 26, 2014, the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors approved the Mather Airport Master Plan Environmental Impact Report (2013 Revised Version). This action will enable Mather Airport to become a “Premier Pacific Rim Regional Cargo Hub”. CRMA is opposed to the current and future expansion of the Mather Airport Cargo Operations.
We invite you to join us in our mission to preserve our Quality-of-Life, and protect our residential and commercial property values. We hope this site will be your source of credible, timely and historical information concerning the impact of the Mather Airport Cargo Operation on the surrounding communities of Sacramento and El Dorado Counties.
If you would like to stay informed please sign up and you will receive breaking news concerning the Mather Airport Master Plan.
We are For:
- Retuning the Mather Airport Cargo Operations back to its origin, the Sacramento International Airport.
- Preservation of our Communities’ Quality-of-Life by:
- Eliminating the environmental pollutions, caused by the Airport Cargo Operations and low altitude Cargo Air Craft Flyovers, such as noise, odors, vibration, light and air quality impacts on our communities’ environments.
- Preserving residential and commercial property values
- Ensuring the safety of our communities
- Credible and transparent flow of information between local governmental agencies and the surrounding impacted communities’ residents.
- Promoting viable economic growth within the region by converting the current Mather Airport Master plan land use to a more vigorous, comprehensive, viable, economic land use, e.g. combination Business Park, residential housing, and recreation use which will enhance the surrounding communities’ economy and Quality-of-Life.
We are Against:
- The current Mather Airport Master Plan, specifically the Cargo Operations.
- The Mather Airport Cargo Operations is not the highest and best economic use of the land.
- The loss of surrounding communities’ resident’s Quality-of-Life.
- The expansion of the current Mather Airport Cargo Operation to a “Regional Cargo Hub” by the:
- Installation of a CAT III Instrument Landing System (ultimate projected cost to be approximately 25 million dollars)
- Lengthening aircraft landing runways and taxi ways
- General changes to airport operations facilities
- The loss of residential and commercial property values.
- Increased environmental pollutions on the surrounding communities’ environments